Wednesday 2 December 2009

Sweets for a cool and gloomy day

It's already December. Snow is not yet falling but the cool weather is here plus the late sunrise and early sunset. I realized that the saying, the weather and how you feel resemble each other is true and that's how I felt in the last few days: gloomy. How I wish I was still basking in the tropical weather of the Philippines but I cannot dream all day long so I made something delightful, to please my sweet buds.

I saw this recipe from a magazine about kids craft and cooking so its for the kids and it's easy, they can also do this by themselves. I hope you enjoy it too - preparing and eating them.



Rocky Road
Ingredients:

8 oz (8 bars) semi-sweet baking chocolate
1 300 ml. can condensed milk
2 tbsp. butter
2 cups roasted unsalted peanuts
3 cups marshmallows

Procedure:
Combine baking chocolate, condensed milk and butter in a double boiler; cook just to melt the mixture. Remove from heat and cool. In a bowl, mix peanuts and marshmallows then fold in chocolate mixture. Spread into a foil lined 8" square pan. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares to serve. Serves 4-6.

No comments: