Thursday 3 December 2009

Aloysius got a D in his report card HMMP!

I just received Aloysius' report card for this term and I was not too happy. Well, he's got a D in PE. The rest of his grades are okay, more on Bs, some Cs. I believe he can still do better than that. Lito says it's okay because he is still adjusting and Aloysius is in Grade 3 now where he is supposed to be attending Grade 2 class. Maybe, I'm just expecting too much or maybe it's also my grade in teaching him so I'm thinking I didn't do well, haay. That D is what I can't accept. It says in the report card that he still needs encouragement in participating in games and sports and in the other subjects, he needs to be active in class participation. My little boy is shy and now it reflects in his grades. I hope he overcomes his shyness and develop self-esteem. I also hope I will just accept the things I cannot change and help him change the things we can.

1 comment:

Bong Blanco said...

Hi Irms...don't be discouraged. Your husband is right. He is still adjusting pa kasi. I remember ganyan din problem ko noon sa una kong dalawang anak. But in due time you'll see. Sa atin kasi the students are discouraged from speaking up unless you are spoken to by the teacher. Dito iba kasi. Anyway - ibayong encouragement ang gawin mo in order for him to learn how to speak up. One way you can do is tell him pag meron sya di naiintindihan - wag sya mahiya magtanong sa teacher or sa inyong dalawang mag-asawa. Pangalawa - maganda if meron syang magiging kalaro na kasing age nya dyan sa tinitirhan nyo...that'll help him develop self confidence din being around people...people who speaks a different language other than tagalog. I'm sure your son is smart. Ang problema lang kadalasan di nya makuhang i-express yung sarili nya in English...kaya hang in there...