>> Sunday, 28 June 2015
I finally am taking advantage of my Cricut machine. Well, this is the third time. The first time was when we made bookmarks for Kyle's and Lex' classmates last Valentines. The second was my mini album project for Sophia's Baby pictures. I am so happy with the outcome, unique and inexpensive flowers.
Here are the steps in creating 3D Paper Flowers using Cricut Expression:
1. Put the Art Philosophy cartridge in your Cricut machine. Load your cardstock, I used cream-colored cardstocks i bought from Michaels. Choose the size of the paper and depth of the cricut blade. Then from your keypad, press SHIFT + FONT feature and then choose the Fleur delis icon. I chose size 5" so i can cut 2 flowers in a letter size cardstock. Then press CUT.
2. Remove the excess cardstock from the cutting mat. Use the cricut paper press to lift the flowers. Gently lift.
3. Using a paper tweezer, secure the end and start twisting and rolling until you it forms like a flower.
4.Secure the bottom with glue and ensure that the petals are evenly spaced. Now you have a rosette.
5. Adhere the rosettes to a styro ball. I used size 6" and secure the rosettes with a glue gun. I added pearlized long pins as accessory.
6. I pierced old pencils into the styro ball and wrap it with satin ribbons with pearls. Now this is how my flower ball looks like.