Wednesday 9 December 2009

Easy Embutido Surprise

While planning for our holiday menu, I came across this recipe from the tons of recipes I brought from the Philippines. Thanks to my mom who helped me collect them - her legacy to me and of course the love for cooking and baking. Although, I admit I'm not as good as her. I hope someday I maybe able to pass this on to one of my sons and for him to turn into a chef - my dream hehehe. I let them watch Ratatouille over and over again to be interested in cooking.

Anyway, here's the recipe for this version of the traditional Christmas fare - EMBUTIDO for your Noche Buena. I hope you like it.

EASY EMBUTIDO SURPRISE

Ingredients:

1/2 kg. ground pork
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup hotdog or SPAM, chopped
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup sandwich spread or mayonnaise and pickle relish
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tsp. seasoning sauce (I only used 1 pork cube here as substitute)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
24 quail eggs, cooked

Procedure:
1. Combine ground pork, carrots, hotdog/SPAM, cheese and breadcrumbs.
2. Add sandwich spread/mayo, ketchup, seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well.

3. Place mixture in muffin pans and make a hole at the center. Put quail eggs in the middle and cover with more mixture. Bake or steam for 35-40 minutes at 375'C.

For a traditional presentation, place half of the meat mixture in foil and shape into a roll. Arrange quail eggs at the center and cover with remaining meat mixture. Wrap securely in foil. Bake or steam for 30-40 minutes. Chill before slicing.
After baking, it looked like this:

and this:

It doesn't only look delicious, it also taste good. Try it. I'm sure your kids will also enjoy this.

5 comments:

More Than Words said...

Yum! That looks good!!!!!!!

I'll send you the cookie recipe soon!

Faye said...

uy parang ang sarap nyan ah! patikim ako nyan ha! hehe.

Irmee said...

Thanks. Alicia...looking forward to baking that special chocolate chips cookie recipe..you can send it at irmee@yahoo.com.

Irmee said...

Faye, don't worry it's part of our menu when you come here on the Christmas week..nagpraktis muna hehehe...

G said...

thanks for sharing this..im hunting some nice and easy recipe for this Christmas..i like this!=)