Sunday 7 February 2010

Teaching kids and Elmo

I have learned to enjoy being with kids, not only with mine but also with the Sunday School class. Today, the lesson is about the God's creation Day 6 and 7. It is very difficult to get the attention of these kids whose ages range from 2 1/2 to 5 so the teacher should be creative enough to get their faces glued to her. I have tried the following: Puppets, Mime (they guess the words I'm acting) and copying others voices. I asked the kids who do they like to hear to read God's word today? When I heard "Elmo" I immediately got the script and told the kids that Elmo will read Genesis and God's creation. It was successful on the first few lines but since I read since Day 1 until Day 7, my voice faltered. One kid interrupted me and said "Tita, wait, You don't sound like Elmo anymore." So I asked her, "So who do I sound like?", and she replied "You sound like someone who wants to pee and can't get through a washroom", the other kids started to laugh. It was so fun seeing their innocent faces, I joined them in laughter and finished the verses in my normal voice later. Ahh, these kids, I'll cherish this one.

No comments: