Sunday 4 December 2016

Skin Care is important (Tips for physical and inner beauty)


I wanted to look glamorous for the Molson party so even if I know how to apply make up on my own,  I had it professionally done by the experts - MAC.  My makeup artist noticed my clear skin and she also asked my age range in order to put the appropriate colors.  She was surprised (and another make up artist passing by) when they heard me say early 50's.  I am happy to hear that my daily skin care ritual pays off.


So for those who wanted to have clear skin and maintain it, here are my tips:
1. You have to be Asian (hahaha sorry, this is genetics we are talking about)
2.  Seriously, these steps are the only thing you need to remember - do the following - Clean - Moisturize - Block - Drink.


Clean
3. Always wash your hands before touching your face.  Do not touch your face if you can avoid it.
4. Wash your face before going to bed. Remove make up thoroughly, use eye cream in removing eye make up.  Use a gentle soap and massage your face upwards using the palmar surface (thenar and hypothenar parts near the wrist). Also, clean and sanitize your make up brushes regularly.
Moisturize
5. Use a moisturizer before going to bed and after washing your face in the morning.  There are different kinds, there is a specific one suited for your skin type. 
Block
6. Use a sunblock even if there is no sun.  The UV rays are baking our face so we need to protect it.
Drink and eat healthy
7. Drink lots of water.  If the requirement is 8 glasses a day, drink more than that especially when you are working out.  I usually don't count coffee and colored drinks in the 8 glasses requirement, it needs to be at least 8 glasses of WATER.  Lots of veggies and fruits on your diet too.


Here are my other tips:
8. Use only one brand of skin care or make up.  I use MAC, Yonka and Arbonne based on experience, they are gentle and effective on my skin.
9. Get a Facial regularly.  When someone massages and treats your face, it's a relaxing experience.  Not only do you get refreshing skin, you also get skin renewal if you get those microdermabrasion treatment.  Sometimes, I try and use the products that they put on my face in between facials like masks and serums.
10.  Put on a positive attitude.  Stress, worry and negative emotions don't contribute to a healthy skin.  Smile and let go of these bad energies.  Trust God and rely on His promises.



If all else fails, don't worry.  Outer Beauty is just a front, what's on the inside is more important.


Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.


1 Samuel 16:7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

No comments: