Saturday 31 October 2009

"Trick or Eat"


We only look forward to Halloween for the goodies that the kids will get from trick or treat and not the costumes, in fact I don't remember them having other costumes than Superman and Batman. I guess they will only let go of these costumes if they're already worn out. This year will be different. I baked some goodies for them and for those whom we will be visiting this weekend in Mississauga. Kyle's version of halloween is "Trick or Eat" because he always eats the candies and chocolates as soon as he gets them.

This is the second time I made Oatmeal cookies for them. Oats are good for the body because of the fiber content and it's an opportunity to give my kids some healthy food. Thanks to Pinoycook.net for the recipe. The first time I used raisins instead of choco chips as added ingredient. This time I used M&Ms Peanut butter and Jam flavor and Hershey's Chipits in separate batches. Kyle loves peanut butter while Miggy likes the chocolate chips. I think the yield is good enough for our own consumption so I made Cheese Cupcakes as our treats to Tito Nilo, Ani and Wei. I'm sharing the Cheese Cupcake recipe:

Cheese Cupcake
Yield: 2 dozens

3 1/2 cup cake flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 bar butter
1 cup white sugar
3 pcs eggs
1 can condensed milk
1/4 cup water
cheese (grated)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Sift and Mix all dry ingredients.
3. Cream butter, add sugar, add eggs one a time. Beat until light and fluffy.
4. Add milk and water.
5. Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
6. Grate cheese in the battered mixture.
7. Pour in muffin pan with cupcake liner. Top with grated cheese.
8. Baked for 15 minutes.

No comments: