Thursday 22 April 2010

Earth Day today!

I went to another job interview yesterday. When asked, "what do you know about this xxx company?" (will not divulge yet until I get the job, hopefully this is the one),I replied - "One of the reasons I applied here is because of this company being involved with the community. I am looking forward to working with an organization with social responsibility. Having been a part of an Environmental Management System (EMS) project, it's a plus factor to have a chance to do that again. To take part in preserving the environment." I've read on the internet that this xxx company is involved with different programs leading to the preservation of nature and it would be rewarding to participate too. Well, each one of us can help in our own ways. Use the 3Rs (Re-use, Reduce, Recycle), conserve water, segregate wastes (your used batteries, busted lamps, old electronics should be disposed properly) and use the bins properly, turn off lights when not in use, although I admit I sometimes forget this. I hope that we all contribute in this endeavor. It's for our children and our children's children. Happy Earth Day!

Wouldn't it be nice to see parks like this with clean environment, full grown trees that emit fresh air? --a glimpse of High Park and Cherry Blossoms, I hope we can see them up close this weekend:

No comments: