Monday 3 January 2011

My 2011 Calendar will have my kids artwork in it

Yes, my kids won their first Safety Calendar drawing contest! The calendar's theme for the year is school safety and seasonal safety. Miggy drew a kid skating and it says "Never skate on thin ice" and Kyle drew a man drowning that said "Don't swim alone". Both their drawings will be displayed in the months of March and August respectively. I'm so proud of my children. I remember my boss asking me if I had anything to do with Kyle's drawing and I told him I didn't have any talent in drawing so it must be his work and not mine. He was amazed at how it was organized and colored by a 4-yr old boy, even the handwriting looked like mine but Kyle's handwriting is really good (akala mo me ruler LOL). Miggy's work is exceptional too. I just hope that these make a good portfolio when they apply for the Etobicoke School of the Arts in high school. Here are the photos with their prize and winning entries:

No comments: