Friday 1 January 2010

Things to do in 2010

I want to start the year right and as it has always been before, planning and setting some goals is what makes me busy these days. I remember the guide from Miggy's Planner and we could use TRAC (Think - Record - Act - Check) in our year-planning.

THINK is the first planning step for every month, week or day but it's also a great way to start the year! Take some time right now to think what's really important to you. What do you want to accomplish this year (or month or week or day)? What changes do you want to make? What do you want to improve?

RECORD - so you've thought about what you want to do. Now what? Start to fill in details and plan what you need to do. Get your pen and RECORD. Record the daily tasks and steps you need to take.

ACT - You know what you want to do. You know what you need to do now to get there. Now, put your plans into ACTION! Schedule time for your priorities and then take action. Planning meets action!

CHECK - the truth is things will never work out perfectly, no matter how much you plan. But don't give up; just get smarter. At the end of each week or month, look back one more time. CHECK how you did.Reflect on how things went. What went well? What didn't? Why? Whatever happened, think about how you can learn from it next time.

Having a job or a career is my utmost plan if not this year, whenever God permits. I need to prepare in order to be job-ready when the opportunity comes. I could go back to school or join cause-oriented groups for environment protection if I want to be on the EMS track. I know I'm at the cross-roads of family and career but I hope to be able to achieve fulfillment in both. Having a job has many perks aside from earning for yourself and your family. When I get my own job and be able to help Lito, we can finally have our own house, car and even fulfill our travel plans. The domino-effect is beneficial to all. Most importantly, self-fulfillment and the opportunity to continuous learning is what having a job for me is all about.

No comments: