Friday 8 January 2010

Kyle turns 4


Today, Kyle turns 4 and I'm so grateful because my 2nd son is healthy and still looking good and grows fast. Even if he doesn't go to school yet, he knows the alphabet, how to write and read some of them, colors, numbers, shapes. Like Miggy, he likes to draw and his drawings are very nice, the type you would be proud to display in an art gallery (I guess all moms feel this way hehehe). He knows how to use the crayons within the borders and I like his color combination. Here's his drawing of an Ambulance, a Police Car and a Fire Truck. We always see them come one after another because these 3 arrive when you call 911.
I admit with the three children, I was not able to keep track of all of their milestones compared with my first born. Anyway, we had a little celebration. I didn't have much time to prepare everything at the same time because Lex was cranky and wants to be next to me all the time. When I'm at the kitchen he would play near the oven and I can't bake when he's around that's why Kyle's birthday cake (It's called Zebra Cake) was done after we had dinner and while Lito was chatting.

Our menu for today is Spaghetti, Shepherd's Pie and Zebra Cake. Two nights ago, we had Rib Eye Steak again with Mushroom Gravy Sauce and Mashed Potato. My kids and even Lito loved the Mashed Potato so I made another dish with it for Kyle`s special day.


Shepherd`s Pie

Ingredients:
1 lb. Ground Beef
half cup Frozen Green Peas or Canned Corn Kernels
1-fourth cup carrots, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, diced
2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 tbsp. Onion Spring, chopped
1-2 tbsp Cream cheese
1-2 tbsp Milk
2-3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp veg oil
salt and pepper

Procedure:
1. Boil potatoes in salted water for 15 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, saute garlic, onion in veg oil for 5 mins.
3. Add ground beef and saute for 10 mins or until no longer pink. Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire Sauce and cook for 5 mins. Add carrots and frozen peas and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Mash hot potatoes and melt butter with them. Add milk, chopped onion springs and cream cheese. Mix them well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Transfer cooked meat to a baking dish and cover with mashed potatoes.
6. Bake in 400F preheated oven for 30 minutes or until top is crisp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bookmarked this. Sometimes non-standard due to you looking for sharing. Definitely value my time.