Wednesday 15 October 2008

Irmee joined the Plurk bandwagon

I recently discovered Plurk, thanks to my online buddies esp. Cheryll who invited me to join them in plurkville. Everyday, I have something to look forward to and be busy with. It's like having a mini blog and I can easily keep track of my friends responses and their updates too. The good thing is, you have a reward each time you reach a milestone or no. of Karma points - either after responding a certain number of times or invited a friend to join. However, being declined in an invitation or not being able to update will decrease your Karma points.

I got excited when more emoticons were added to the basics that a new plurker gets and now that I'm nearing 40 Karma points, I'll be able to change my layout. That inspires me to plurk and plurk more. I even added the plurk sidebar in my blog for updates.



Wikipedia defines Plurk as a free social networking and micro-blogging service that allows users to send updates (otherwise known as plurks) through short messages or links, which can be up to 140 text characters in length.

Updates are then shown on the user's home page using a timeline which lists all the updates received in chronological order, and delivered to other users who have signed up to receive them. Users can respond to other users' updates from their timeline through the Plurk.com website, by instant messaging, or by text messaging.

No comments: