Sunday 26 October 2008

3 more weeks and counting...

I had a Pre-natal check up today, I found out that I am on my 35.5th week. My OB did the usual checking and I was excited when she let me touch the portion of my tummy where I could feel the cephalic or the head of my baby. Babycenter reports that in 36th week my baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, my baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position, but if she isn't (which I hope not), my OB may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

No comments: