Tuesday 1 April 2014

Cricut and scrapbooking

Last Christmas, I received a very special gift from Hubby, my own Cricut Expression, a scrapbooker's dream and I didn't use it until March break when I had a time off from the office. My Cricut only came with the standard Cricut Classic Font and Playtime cartridges. I was happy to try and complete my scrapbook pages with decent titles where I could use different font sizes and styles using base, italics and shadow effects. Amazing!

I was very happy with my latest toy but then when I searched for other things I could create from my Cricut, I was overwhelmed by millions of projects. I couldn't wait to have a full day with it so that I can create more. I saw this when I was looking for 3D flowers design for an upcoming wedding and I can't help but drool. Look at how lovely these flowers are.
Anyway, I know I have another goal now but I have to catch up and finish all the scrap pages from all the photos I had printed from last year.  I have lots to learn and I'm glad that I met a Cricut  consultant who is very passionate about this craft and is also very willing to answer my questions. I now miss my scrapbooking buddies in the Philippines.

Next step would be to Learn how to explore the Cricut Craft Room (CCR) and maximize the features of my new toy. I just wish I have more time to do it. The reality is when I do scrapbooking, I either forgot to do my chores like cooking or sleep very late at night when I have to wake up early the next day. I don't want to starve my family or sleep while attending a meeting, that would be unforgivable. Well, I know if I like what I'm doing I will have time for it. I just have to manage it very well, like less time "facebooking". LOL!


No comments: