Friday 25 January 2008

When it rains, it pours

Last week and the week before that, we received good news and all came at the time we least expected it. It's only now that it sinked in me, how blessed we are and I feel it's worth writing here kahit luma na. So here goes: Last year, I already have an idea about me going to the US, It's only now when I'm in the midst of preparing the documents needed, that I realized that I'm really going there na. Parang, ayoko pa hehehe, maybe because I don't want to leave my husband and kids yet. Although the business trip will only be for 3 months (which can still go on for 6 months, sabi), I'm not prepared yet to leave the house, well, technically, it's not yet confirmed because my visit visa to Us has not been approved yet. I'm scheduled for interview on February 7.

Anyway, the other good news is, after 5 long years our application to Canada as immigrants have been approved (we're in the visa stamping stage). Lito will be going there first and try his luck in looking for a job while I will be going naman to US. Just thinking about it makes me feel sad rather than excited. I have another good news but this one is somehow irrelevant na because I already turned it down. I got the job offer from my most desired company where I applied last year while the US thingy is not yet in the offing. I regret that I didnt get that dream job in that dream company that I dream of working for. The offer was very tempting, benefits package pa lang panalo na, what more the assignment and the pay as well. I was asking the recruiter if there was a bond and for how many years do I need to serve and when she answered, my heart sank. Sayang talaga! I could have used that job experience when I go to Canada, they have an office there. I would have accepted it right away if the offer was made last year when I was still clueless on my career in ADEC. Anyway, I hope my decision is what's best for my family which is my priority now. The saying holds true to me now, when it rains, it pours....

2 comments:

all4seasons said...

hi irmee, fellow n@wie..just dropping by, congrats on ur canadian visa :)

nol_espedido said...

congrats! buti pa kayo approved na. kami magsisimula pa lang. anyway, hope to see u there pag andun na kami. btw, my parents will be staying with my sister in Whitby, Ontario.