Friday 17 June 2011

The heat is on...and so is the baseball game

I am privileged to join a team who find time to unwind in the middle of the work week and call it our "off site team building". We sneaked out of our offices at lunch time and went to the Toronto Blue Jays vs. Baltimore Orioles at Rogers Centre aka Skydome at Downtown Toronto with the whole team including our Director.

It was my first time to watch a Major League game and also enter the Rogers Centre which was so huge, it took us a long time to find our seats. Since the game was held on a weekday, there were lots of schools who sent their students on a field trip to cheer on the Jays. It was so hot like in the Philippines, I felt like my skin was burning. Good thing, I wore my baseball cap to protect my face. The game was exciting, I learned a lot today because a fan in front of us was explaining to his companion what was happening in the game and his voice was like a megaphone, we could hear his explanation vividly. Although the Jays lost by a point, it was still a nice experience. I remember my first NBA game at Dallas where the Mavericks lost to Lakers but now I realized that they become champions and where did the Lakers go this time. Maybe in a few years more, Blue Jays will become champions again. Here are some photos from my first Blue Jays game:






No comments: