Friday 11 March 2011

Signs of the end times?



I was shocked when I saw the news about the Tsunami in Japan this morning. I feel sad for the victims and those survivors who until now are experiencing tremors from continuous after shocks. My family (sister, brother-in-law, my 3-yr old niece, my mom and dad) were in Boracay when this happened and I prayed that they are safe. I thank God they are safe.

Actually, my prayers extend to all of us who need not wait for big natural disasters (or might even call it the wrath of God) like these to happen before we turn from our ways and come to God. The Book of the Revelation of the Holy Bible tells us the signs of the end times and it is not in the distant future. The things that are happening everywhere tell us that we, as believers in Christ must seek God's guidance in working double time to deliver God's message to the lost before it's too late.

I want to share the following verses for the survivors of the Tsunami and the rest of mankind as we wonder if these are the signs of the end times:

You are my hiding place;
You will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance. Psalm 32:7

I sought the Lord, and He answered me;
He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34.4

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging Psalm 46:1-2
The Lord Almighty is with us
The God of Jacob is our fortress Psalm 46:7


My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:1-2


One thing I ask of the Lord,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.
For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock. Psalm 27:4-5


May God bless us all.

1 comment:

Rocks said...

In times like this..all we need is God and our Faith in HIM..God bless us all indeed..