Monday 18 June 2007

Ruth VS. Naomi

Ruth vs. Naomi

Finally, he had the guts to tell her not to comment anymore because that starts the problem. I dunno what’s come over her or maybe she’s too sensitive to accept that he is telling her this or maybe she cannot bear her grudge to me anymore that’s why she broke loose and let it all out (well, most of it). Her anger started when we inquired where the Teflon frying pan is, then she blurted out “dapat kc pinagluto muna yung yaya bago pinag day-off”. Then he said something like “Wag na ksi kayo mag-comment kaya nagkakagulo, tanung lang naman kung nasaan yung Teflon, ksi si Irmee na nga magluluto” It’s ok with me to cook this time but my mistake was to put the porkchop in my own marinade when she already said na me timpla na. That sparked the flame more and she was not angry at him anymore for the”she starts the problem issue” but to me for the many old and kept issues. “Naipon na ata” “Kaya pala she was ignoring me all this time especially when I talk to her and address the conversation to her.” Anyway, I just let her talk and it doesn’t really matter to me anymore what she says. “Kung sino asar, talo.” She always has a comment on anything and she can’t tell the person involved directly. She only complains to the person who will listen to her which I am against because it’s like barking at the wrong tree. Being raised independently, I was trained to do the things on my own and I had my own ways of doing things. With that, we disagree on most things but I can only keep it to myself because I need to “makisama” and at this time I cannot do anything but to be where he is and sacrifice a little until our Canadian or US L1 visa is approved. I just wished she knew the real reasons why I’m not a good Ruth - I don’t want to stay there anymore, I don’t want to compete with her or be expected to please her – It’s just not me. I just want to have my own house and be the queen. There’s a saying that there’s only one queen in a kingdom and I definitely want to be the queen because I’ve always been one. I just hope that we move to our own castle soon. How I pray to be like Ruth to this hard to please Naomi. May God bless me.

1 comment:

Faye said...

naku mabigat nga yan! i understand your situation and the way you feel. but one thing i can say, whether we are right or wrong... whether we like it or not... we still have to try to get along with naomi. that's part of HIS life that you have to accept when you married him. and the same goes with me.

i agree with the saying though. there can't be 2 queens in 1 kingdom. sabi nga nila no matter how nice both of you are, there's still a big possibility of disagreement on things.