Saturday 27 April 2013

Don Moen's music and my early Christian life

We just came from a Don Moen's concert entitled "God will make a way: An Evening of Hope".  My friend Joy with her husband Dom joined Lito and I.  It feels good to watch a concert. Just like the old days with Joy at ULTRA.  But this time it's different because the artist is not mainstream. It all came back to me, the songs reminded me of the Thursday night services at ACCM in Makati (Word for the World Christian Ministries).  While we were singing along, I realized how Don Moen's  music made a great impact in my early Christian days. The lyrics of his songs inspired and attracted me to worship The Lord. I remember jotting down the lyrics in the handouts during the service. Some of my favourites include "Lord I offer my life to you", "Great is thy faithfulness", "Thank You Lord", I believe there is more" and many others....
As I was listening and reminiscing, scenes from my past flash and I couldn't help but cry and be thankful because it dawned on me that God never left me in my happiest and saddest days. His promises are true. God is good all the time. Even when I turned away and got "busy", He answered the prayers of those who cared for me and lifted me up to the Lord.  I know my true Godly friends included me in their prayers and now I want to thank them through this song.  To the people who introduced me to God's love and salvation, those who encouraged me, those who rebuked me, those who never gave up on me, those who inspired and keep on inspiring me, those who "showed" and not only talked about being a true Christian - Maraming salamat!
Enjoy the song....

let's keep on praying for each other.

No comments: