Wednesday 8 September 2010

Kyle's first day of school as JK


Thinking it was going to be a hard time for him (separation anxiety), I took the day off from work on Kyle's first day as Junior Kindergarten at Eatonville School. But it didn't turn out as I expected. Gone are the first day blues for my second born. I thought it's like our first time in the Spring Program - Jump and Play where he wanted me to stay near because he cries when I'm out of his sight. I thought I would be staying in the school during his class and he would always look for me. On our way there, I saw a worried face in him then we passed by an area where there are little children lining up. We passed by them because I wanted to take a picture of him in front of the school. When we returned and asked where Achilles class is, his name cannot be found. Not as Achilles though but he was listed as Kyle. After finding out who the teacher is (they talked for a while) - she was a pretty lady, I think Kyle already felt comfortable with her. While waiting for the bell or signal for them to go inside, I stood beside him in the line. I was surprised because he said, "Mommy, you're the only mom here" "You can leave me now" I was dumbfounded! My little boy is no longer that clingy baby. hahaha. I'm glad he'll be independent as his elder brother is now. My other student who is in Grade 4 now and enjoying his French class in another school at Briarcrest. The fun part is, I get to learn his French too.

Aloysius with Lex

No comments: