Wednesday 18 July 2018

Keep Calm I'm turning 50

Wow, how time flies. I am so thankful that I have reached this important milestone in my life - fifty years! I am a Golden girl, it's my year of jubilee.


In the Bible, the year of Jubilee occurs after seven sets of seven yearly intervals (49 total) are completed. The fiftieth or "liberty" year is proclaimed on one of God's annual feast days known as the Day of Atonement.
This fiftieth (Jubilee) year is sacred — it is a time of freedom and of celebration when everyone will receive back their original property, and slaves will return home to their families . . . If one of your brothers becomes indigent and has to sell himself to you, don't make him work as a slave. Treat him as a hired hand or a guest among you. He will work for you until the Jubilee . . . (Leviticus 25:10, 39 - 40).
As I am celebrating and blowing my trumpet for my year of jubilee, I am sharing my list of 50 blessings that I am thankful for (lifetime ito).


1. My relationship with my Lord and Saviour - Jesus Christ
2. My Papa P - Pogi - (in English  - my handsome) husband Lito and how each day is valentine's day
3. My 3 sons who are equally smart and handsome as well - Aloysius, Kyle and Lex
4. My parents - Naty and Rolando who I am indebted for my life, the good life, life lessons.
5. My siblings - Wendy and Roty and our unique relationships
6. My other siblings, nephews, nieces in the Philippines.
7. My church - Church on the Queensway who keeps us growing in the knowledge of the Lord
8. My other church family - Servants of Christ Ministries for starting our walk in the Lord in Canada
9. My challenging but rewarding career
10. My current employer - MCBC who gave me opportunities to work and travel to the following places:
11. MCBC UK - Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, UK
12. London
13. Windsor
14. Cambridge
15. Stonehenge
16. Roman Baths
17. MCBC HQ Denver, CO
18. MCBC Golden Brewery
19. Hiked and reached the top of North Table Mountain at Golden, CO
20. MCBC Montreal
21. Manor Saint Sauveur, QC
22. ADEC Innovations / AMDATEX who gave me the opportunities to work and travel to the ff:
23. Rockwall, Texas
24. Irving, Texas
25. Binghamton, Upstate New York
26. Deposit, New York
27. New York City
28. San Francisco, California
29. RFM Corporation and the exposure to IT and dealing with challenging personalities
30. SGS Philippines for the multinational environment experience and for meeting Lito there
31. SGS Far East Limited for the travel to Southeast Asia
32. For all my officemates who also became close friends and mentors until now.
33. To my old church - Lighthouse Community for introducing God to my children in their young age.
34. To all my lifelong BFFs from Grade and High School, whom I shared with all joys, pains and successes ever since.
35. To all my relatives whom I share all my childhood memories.
36.  For coming here to Canada and becoming a resident and adopting us as citizens.
37.  For letting us explore the beauty of nature in and around the corners of Ontario - falls, beaches, ostriches and beautiful lakes
38. For the travels in other cities in Canada with family and friends like:
39. Ottawa
40. Kingston
41. Old Quebec
42. Old Montreal
43. for all the other planned trips in the coming months - Money and time to do this:
44. Disneyworld Florida, Philippines plus Japan or Seoul side trips
45. for the invention of TV and letting us watch all Korea Drama and TFC series
46. for the invention of social media - like FB, IG etc. for keeping me updated and connected with friends online
47. Music and all the perks in listening to it, any genre - bring back all memories
48. The opportunity to be with, work and sometimes disagree with people. The joy of being human and learning about the different kinds of people and how to deal with them.
49. for all the wisdom and lessons in life, the errors committed to correct and have room for improvement, the capability to adapt to change
50. for the life filled with hope, faith and love that comes from something supernatural - God.


I would say I have lived the life I wanted to have, the blessings are bountiful and I believe there is more to come.  Thank you Lord for the true love, joy and peace that I believe will only come from You.


Happy birthday to me, it's time to blow the trumpet and consecrate the fiftieth year. It shall be a jubilee for me, because God owns everything, this is the year when a man's possessions would be returned to Him.  My time is His, time to give back time - volunteer work to be used for His glory.



No comments: