I was also able to get a good deal in Kijiji for an Umbra brushed nickel flip hook that complements the brushed nickel theme of the bathroom. I met with someone who had the extra hook and sold it to me at half the price. The niche on the wall also saves some space and money for buying a shampoo and soap caddy. It looked more organized and modern. I know these pictures are not worthy to be in glossy home renovation magazines but I want to share how the bathroom looked like now. You should find the "before" pictures disgusting so these pictures show a better "after the renovation" look. To top it off, the kids are happily singing while taking a shower and they are helping with cleaning, organizing the drawers and using the squeegee on the glass doors after each shower. To me, the ROI was already achieved because the real stakeholders are my kids and as long as i hear, "I like our new bathroom Mom" my issues are no longer important.
Thursday, 30 June 2016
Our newly renovated bathroom is environment-friendly
Even if the outcome of the finished bathroom project was not as I was expecting, I will try to be positive about it. Well, we achieved our goal, we have a new bathroom to enjoy and the total cost was within the budget. I will enumerate what we did right and will focus on what is interesting for the readers. I am happy to say that we were able to get water-saving faucets and shower heads. The Moen faucets and shower sets we purchased are in spot-resist brushed nickel finish. That means it will not require too much cleaning thus saving water, soap, time and effort. I also am able to install the auto-sensor attachment to our faucet on the main floor washroom. We used to spend hundreds of dollars for a months consumption of water and i hope with this installation, it will be lesser. The water will only start flowing when the unit sense a hand under it. So I hope to save water when we are brushing teeth, washing hands, face etc. Our share in saving water and being good to the environment. Here is the video of the EZ Faucet after installation: