Wednesday 16 July 2008

Ten Guidelines From God

I'ts been a while since I last updated my blog. There are so many things going on in my life that I don't have control over. I have spent most of these last few weeks thinking, planning and worrying about these things. I thank Lito for the forwarded email that he sent me. The words are double-edged sword as if God is really talking to me and telling me what to do with my concerns. What a relief to be able to tell Him all the goings-on in my life..He really wanted to talk to me thru these guidelines so that my mind will be free on my birthday which is tomorrow. Thank God for this realization, I was really blessed. It was a timely birthday message for me and so I want to share them all to you my dear readers. Here goes:

Effective Immediately, please be aware that there are changes YOU need to make in YOUR life. These changes need to be completed in order that I may fulfill My promises to you to grant you peace, joy and happiness in this life. I apologize for any inconvenience,
but after all that I am doing, this seems very little to ask of you. Please, follow these 10 guidelines

1. QUIT WORRYING:
Life has dealt you a blow and all you do is sit and worry. Have you forgotten that I am here
to take all your burdens and carry them for you? Or do you just enjoy fretting over every little
thing that comes your way?

2. PUT IT ON THE LIST:
Something needs done or taken care of. Put it on the list. No, not YOUR list. Put it on MY
to-do-list. Let ME be the one to take care of the problem. I can't help you until you turn
it over to Me. And although My to-do-list is long, I am after all... God. I can take care
of anything you put into My hands. In fact, if the truth were ever really known, I take
care of a lot of things for you that you never even realize.

3. TRUST ME:
Once you've given your burdens to Me, quit trying to take them back. Trust in Me. Have the faith that I will take care of all your needs, your problems and your trials. Problems with the kids? Put them on My list. Problem with finances? Put it on My list. Problems with your emotional roller coaster? For My sake, put it on My list. I want to help you. All you have to do is ask.

4. LEAVE IT ALONE:
Don't wake up one morning and say, "Well, I'm feeling much stronger now, I think
I can handle it from here." Why do you think you are feeling stronger now? It's simple.
You gave Me your burdens and I'm taking care of them. I also renew your strength
and cover you in my peace. Don't you know that if I give you these problems back,
you will be right back where you started? Leave them with Me and forget about
them. Just let Me do my job.

5. TALK TO ME:
I want you to forget a lot of things. Forget what was making you crazy.
Forget the worry and the fretting because you know I'm in control. But there's one
thing I pray you never forget. Please, don't forget to talk to Me - OFTEN! I love YOU!
I want to hear your voice. I want you to include Me in on the things going on in your life.
I want to hear you talk about your friends and family. Prayer is simply you having
a conversation with Me. I want to be your dearest friend.

6. HAVE FAITH:
I see a lot of things from up here that you can't see from where you are. Have faith in
Me that I know what I'm doing. Trust Me; you wouldn't want the view from My eyes.
I will continue to care for you, watch over you, and meet your needs. You only have to trust Me. Although I have a much bigger task than you, it seems as if you have so much trouble just doing your simple part. How hard can trust be?

7. SHARE:
You were taught to share when you were only two years old. When did you forget?
That rule still applies. Share with those who are less fortunate than you. Share your joy with
those who need encouragement. Share your laughter with those who haven't heard any in
such a long time. Share your tears with those who have forgotten how to cry. Share your faith
with those who have none.

8. BE PATIENT:
I managed to fix it so in just one lifetime you could have so many diverse experiences.
You grow from a child to an adult, have children, change jobs many times, learn many trades, travel to so many places, meet thousands of people, and experience so much. How can
you be so impatient then when it takes Me a little longer than you expect to handle
something on My to-do-list? Trust in My timing, for My timing is perfect. Just
because I created the entire universe in only six days, everyone thinks I should
always rush, rush, rush.


9. BE KIND:
Be kind to others, for I love them just as much as I love you. They may not dress
like you, or talk like you, or live the same way you do, but I still love you all. Please try
to get along, for My sake. I created each of you different in some way. It would be
too boring if you were all identical. Please, know I love each of your differences.

10. LOVE YOURSELF:
As much as I love you, how can you not love yourself? You were created by me for
one reason only -- to be loved, and to love in return. I am a God of Love. Love Me.
Love your neighbors. But also love yourself. It makes My heart ache when I see you
so angry with yourself when things go wrong. You are very precious to me.
Don't ever forget......


Touch someone with your love.
Rather than focus upon the thorns of life,
smell the roses and count your blessings!

2 comments:

Rocks said...

That was good! Can I re-post it on my blog?

Irmee said...

Sure Rocks...My pleasure...