Tuesday 17 April 2012

Great Teacher

The mediocre teacher tells.  The good teacher explains.  The superior teacher demonstrates.  The great teacher inspires.  ~William Arthur Ward

These teachers are our parents, school teachers, relatives, friends, mentors, boss, church leaders. They have molded us into what we are today and still continue to teach us. I have met all kinds of teachers mentioned above but only those I remember are those who inspired me to apply the things I learned, Some of them also challenged me to do better and excel. I am grateful to those who really made an impact in my life. I am also inspired to share all the good stuff to those I can especially my children.

I realized that it was hard for my Mama And Dadilo to teach me when I was growing up I was a stubborn kid and learned most thru trial and error. Now that I am a parent, I find it also challenging to be teaching my children. But like what my mentors and leadership gurus say, the best way you can teach someone is by walking the talk, doing the deed, setting a good example. It's really hard but that's what parents Are supposed to do - to inspire the children in applying what they learned.

Great teachers reap great rewards because those who learned from them didn't stop from learning, but moves on to teaching others and inspiring them as well.

No comments: