Saturday 8 May 2010

What Irmee wants, Irmee gets :)

I was surprised! I was just telling Lito that I saw a good bargain for a netbook in a Best Buy flyer and last night I got my early Mother's Day (and Birthday daw) gift. I am so happy. I used to have that motto - "What Irmee wants, Irmee gets" when I was a teenager but time and circumstances changed that attitude. I thank God I'm not like that anymore (well, sometimes hahaha). I put "I want, I want with a smiley" comment on the ad making it in my wish list to buy when I have my own job. Lito granted my wish and now I got my own Netbook to use. Our Lenovo and Twinhead are always busy because the kids already know how to use a computer and linger on that poptropica and starfall sites. Now I have something to call my own personal gadget because it's pink.

What is a Netbook?
A netbook is a small to medium sized, light-weight, low-cost, energy-efficient laptop, generally optimized for internet based services such as web browsing and e-mailing.

The form factor of a netbook is smaller than that of a notebook and they are very light in weight (usually 2 to 3 pounds). Common features include a small screen (usually around 7-inches to 10-inches diagonal), wireless connectivity, but no optical disc drive, and a smaller sized keyboard (usually 80 percent to 95 percent of normal size)
- perfect for smaller hands like mine haha.

I haven't tried using it yet. Too excited maybe but I need to read the guides first before I explore on my netbook. Based on the reviews I've read, it's a good buy considering the functionality, style and of course, the price. I can't wait to blog, plurk and facebook without someone telling me to hurry hahaha. For now, I'll just smile and savor my very first Pink Netbook - an Acer Aspire One D250

Product Specs:
Model: AOD250-1729
OS: Genuine Windows 7 starter
CPU: Intel Atom Processor N270 (1.60GHz)
RAM: 1GB
Storage:160GB hard drive / multi-in-one card reader
Display: 10.1″ WSVGA (1024 x 600) TFT display (Acer CrystalBrite Technology)
GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
WiFi: 802.11 b/g WLAN
Lan: 10/100 LAN
Webcam: Integrated Acer Crystal Eye webcam
Color: Coral Pink and White
Battery: three-cell battery – up to 3.0 hours life depending on configuration and usage
Thickness (closed) 2.5 cm
Weight (including Battery) 1.11 kg
Dimensions 10.2″ (258.5mm) W x 7.2″ (184.0mm) D x 1.0” (25.4) H

No comments: