Thursday 17 December 2009

Vancouver 2010 Olympic Torch Relay

Today, we, especially my son Miggy witnessed the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Torch Relay which transpired near their school and passed by our apartment at around 8:30 a.m. The usually busy Don Mills Road were cleared of vehicles and replaced by floats, police cars and people awaiting to witness the event. The torch bearers met at the corner of Gateway Blvd and continued the flame's journey across Canada.

Lito was able to capture this moment from his cellphone and Miggy had photo opportunities with the torch bearer who is also an Olympian:


I'm not yet interested in Winter Olympics because I still have to learn the games. I'm not even sure if Hockey is included. Hockey is the favorite game of Kyle and he said he wants to play and be on TV when he grows up. Now I have something to look forward to. Go, Kyle, Go.

No comments: